
Well we dropped Joey off in St. George. He seems to be loving it and is paddling like a fiend to keep afloat with 16 units! He is taking College Algebra, Interpersonal Communications, Nutrition, Computer Information Systems, English, and English Lab. We had a little chat recently after none of the restaurant jobs he applied for panned out. I thought of his patience and great "peacemaker" abilities he always had around here. I suggested he might find it easy being an Instructional Aide, like I am, at an elementary school. I looked up the local school district around St. George and they had 18 immediate openings for Aide positions to help out in the Special Education classes 3 hours/day for $10/hr. We had to round him up some letters of reference. He turned in the application, got called in for an interview the following day. They had him pick his top 3 choices for job positions. There was only one opening at an elementary school which has now been put on hold. I told him to go for "mild to moderate" with the youngest children possible. He just got another call yesterday and will be interviewing with the principal at Pine View Middle School. Google it in St. George and you can see pictures and lots of information. His interview is tomorrow at 1pm pacific time. I hope it works out well for him!

No comments:
Post a Comment