One mom's megaphone for preaching truth, justice, and the American way. Also covered will be topics of love, learning, laughing, raising children, sharing, family home evening, special education, college life, and genealogy.

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Homecoming Dance at Dixie College

Does Joey look happy or what???!!! He is truly having a wonderful time up there---from his job to school to spending time with Karina....he is really enjoying life. He is working 3 hrs a day at an intermediate school with 750 8th & 9th graders in St. George. Joey is now officially employed in the same job as I am: Instructional Aide-Special Day Class or (SDC) as they call it. He is working with a couple autistic boys around 13 yrs old. He says he loves it and finds it very easy to get the "non-verbal" autistic kids to talk to him. When a woman came in to the principal asking for a recommendation for a math tutor for her handicapped 11th grade daughter, he said Joey would be his choice. The mother was concerned about not wanting to "short-change" Joey at all, and wants to pay him $20/hr for the tutoring. He's pretty happy about that, a couple times a week!
He's down to 11 units just to make it bearable. I never expected keeping over 15 units was going to work out, but we had to try. He's now taking Writing, Writing Lab, Computer Information Systems (online), and pre-calculus. He goes to Institute, I think on Wednesday nights, to family home evening group on Monday nights, and will be here this weekend from Wednesday night through Sunday afternoon. I'd like to plan a get-together Saturday while he's here to celebrate Mark's birthday and any other October birthdays we might have??? Have a good week everybody. Enjoy the great pictures he and Karina took before the dance last night....

2 comments:

Buffy said...

Great pics. It sure looks like he is having a great time. Maybe too good. :D hahaha

Aunty Barbs said...

Great pictures! She's very pretty. Joey looks way toooo happy I think haha. I bet he had a great time.